Thursday 22 July 2010

Show 317 (... Always Be Closing, cont.)

(originally posted on myspace here)



So hey! As you may have seen we finally finished making that Money trailer. And into our fourth run the houses are full once again. COINCIDENCE?!?!?!?!? We're well past the three-hundredth show and it's still fun to perform, more fun than when we started in fact because all the niggling ideas of the other shows this might have been have long since faded now and we can just get on with it. BUT... now, yes... the bad news is - here we go - Shunt's newly desperate straights have forced them to serve us two and half weeks' notice on the show! I KNOW! So ignore the trailer. Stupid old trailer. We're running until August 7th now, NOT the end of September. ALLEZ therefore! VITE already!

Photobucket

There is a slim chance after the 7th that we'll be running the show part-time rather than killing the old girl off entirely but you know, who knows? I hope she lives of course, because this job has been a life-saver: it was there to take care of me from the moment I came out of hospital to a life of homelessness and burnt goods back in March 2009, and it paid for that flat-share with Mossad, and the pool and sauna that helped me catch my breath while I fell in love.

Photobucket

And it's been my creative focus for over a year now, something I've been able to work upon, and within, alongside people whose company over a complimentary bottle of whatever's-nearest, in a car park full of chairs come dusk, cannot be matched. And it's offered us complete artistic freedom (and no artistic control, but that's the deal in any system, isn't it, freedom or control... but now I think of it that's probably why I made this trailer, to snatch a little measure of control). But most importantly, it is quite simply a very exciting show and not enough people have seen it. No I'll be gutted if she gets killed off. Chugging away there... Well I sent an invitation to Terry Gilliam yesterday anyway. Priorities, exactly.

Photobucket

ReTweet @antimega "It's the London Dungeon for cultured adults. That's not a bad thing." I liked that.

No comments:

Post a Comment