Thursday 24 December 2020

Post 366

First, let's mood...

 

 Oh, you have to go to youtube. Well okay, do that and then come back maybe. There'll probably be an advert first. Sorry this is so stressful. Okay.
 Hey. 
 Hey there. Dear readers, treasured guests, I know it's late, but this is it: As of December 25th 2019 I have now posted an average of a thing a day for the full leap year. This wasn't a new year's resolution, and it wasn't a response to COVID 19 which I had no idea would be coming, it was just an attempt to see what would happen. And I'm not sure anything did happen in the end, but I'm still glad I managed it. I haven't yet decided I'm going to stop, although sorting my laptop out so I can back on the youtube should probably be a priority but there I go again, writing about what I should be doing instead of just enjoying this. 
 Hey. 
 Are you playing the crickets? 
 Normally I'd be in France on Christmas Eve, with my parents. We're all zooming each other tomorrow though to unwrap presents. I can't wait. I hope you're all doing tremendously, unatendees. Like the crickets, I'm here. And I hope you get everything you want. And I recognise knowing what you want can be quite hard work.
 Do crickets find crickets relaxing, do you think? I might look that up.
 Tomorrow though.
 Sweet dreams.


8 comments:

  1. I don't think crickets generally find other crickets relaxing, since they're doing the equivalent of yelling "does anyone fancy a shag?" or perhaps a more musical version of the same basic idea.

    I'm here for Christmas too, when I'd expected to be up north with family, so it's disappointing but there it is. Merry Christmas and thanks for all the posts. I know that trying to do regular online stuff can feel like flinging squid into the void and waiting to see if any stick (to the sides of the void? Yeah, I didn't think this simile through) but I find my brain-void has a large number of your squids stuck in it. Which is a compliment.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I won't ask.

    I'll just say "not thinking it through" is definitely what this blog could do with more of. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Merry festive season and all that Mr Kane. Thank you so much for the daily updates and readings and one-man-plays and all that good stuff. May all your gifts be Zarjaz.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Even more than the crickets, I find the sound of the waves crashing on the shore ever so relaxing - I miss walking along the seashore, letting the sound of the waves and the wind and the seagulls wash everything away from my mind. But I digress. Thank you for every single one of your blog posts, and videos, and songs. I hope you have a lovely Christmas, even if it's via the medium of Zoom. And may 2021 be kinder on us all.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Splundig Virr Thringlebells, Earthlet!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lothiriel: Thank you for this, and for all your support and maintenance. Here's to Twenty Plenty Fun.

    ReplyDelete
  7. It feels like you want crickets to find crickets relaxing so…
    Stridulation is used by males to attract females as mates, so probably not relaxing… BUT crickets stop chirping if there is a predator approaching. So you could argue that when crickets are making a lot of noise, crickets probably think, ‘Good. It’s safe, there’s nothing to worry about, I can relax’, and that it means crickets noise IS relaxing to crickets.

    Thanks for all the blog posts and songs and readings and plays and all.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Stridulation is also a great name for an 80's studio album. Thanks back!

    ReplyDelete