Tuesday 15 December 2020

Some Lesser Known Carl Sagan Quotes (Still Actioned)


 "I felt very bad that at the end the Wookie didn't get a medal. All the people got a medal and the Wookie, who'd been in there fighting all the time, he didn't get any medal." 

"Han Solo talked about getting to a certain place in only so many parsecs of time or speed, when it's a unit of distance. It's like me saying from here to San Diego is thirty miles an hour."

Carl Sagan
 
 
  Having only recently learnt of his brilliant contribution to the depiction of alien intelligences in 2001, I now find Carl Sagan was also responsible for this. Oh well... I mean, he's not wrong. These just wouldn't necessarily be top of my list of wishes to grant Sagan eternal rest forty years on.
 Also, when were talkshow backdrops so rural?

No comments:

Post a Comment