Tuesday 3 March 2020

Err...


 F*c*book suddenly won't let me post links to this blog



 and all my previous links to it have been taken down too


 which I find oddly distressing, and I've deliberately tried to keep distressing things off the blog this year (apart from this). 

 Okay, maybe not "oddly" distressing. The whole point of returning to this blog was to create more agency in my dealings with the internet, and if anything posting a link to the contents of the blog, rather than posting that content directly onto facebook, was meant to be less spammy because it gave the reader more chance to ignore it. But that also meant facebook didn't own the content any more. Maybe that's the problem? It seems a bit paranoid - especially coming the day after a post about the internet's good old days - but so does the idea that "other people" might have reported this blog as "abusive". Can anyone else share this? You, the reader? I don't know. Do what you like. At least it's made writing today's post easier. Also, I'm glad I bookmarked this article on the extermination of links because it seems particularly relevant right now. (UPDATE: Instagram have also banned a link to this blog.) Anyway, Frankenstein Wednesday tomorrow as per (ie Thursday morning). Anti-distressant services to resume as soon as possible.


(Unless you're scared of heights.)

3 comments:

  1. I was going to say your mermaid song was too sexy for F*c*book to handle, but it might as well be a case of F*c*book 'mistaking' it for spam? (No idea how to fix it, sorry.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That link better not be spam.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness I think it's worked! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete