Tuesday 10 March 2020

Frankenstein Wednesdays International Womens' Day Part Two Tuesday.... Abbott and Costello Meet Women


  Given how protective Glenn Strange's Frankenstein Monster was of his previous resuscitators, I don't know why in Abbott and Costello Meet Frankenstein he throws Cinema's first female mad scientist out the window, nor can I really work out why Dr. Mornay tries to attack him in the first place. Has her transformation into a vampire made her overly protective of Lou Costello's in-built blood bags? The script suggests as much, but... Okay look, all this post is really here to do is say, I've just started watching Abbott & Costello Meet Dr. Jekyll & Mr. Hyde and it's clear the pair have always had quite a complicated history with feminism:



 Also, I don't know how to stop this clip from running into the rest of the film.
 Tomorrow, it ends though. I promise.

No comments:

Post a Comment