Saturday 26 December 2020

Christmas Album 2020 (The Cut Off)

 
 The past never becomes the past more suddenly than on Christmas day.

 I always find, and forget I'll find, that stuff I considered posting before Christmas Eve looks immediately out of place on Boxing Day.
 
 It's a proper petit mort.

 The deadline for all the things I did to get me in the mood.





 Including the things I didn't know I was doing to get me in the mood. 


 My friend Sarah Morgan Margaret Cabourn-Smith called this space between Christmas and New Year's "the Merrineum".

HYMN HYMN HYMN HYMN HYMN HYMN HYMN 

 Margaret's just corrected me. Sarah however has in no way confirmed this correction. I wonder if baby Jesus got to keep that lamb.

2 comments:

  1. I nominate that last one for the iconic image of Christmas 2020. Sterile surfaces, all dressed up with nowhere to go, animals in human spaces, and NO SINGNG!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Into the hat it goes!
    While not singing, I appear to be doing quite a lot of dancng today. Let's see how long that lasts.

    ReplyDelete