Sunday 18 November 2012

Lie Down And Be Counted.

I’m going to write a book I think.  The title and cover are all sorted already.


Follow her. She is the Queen of Twitter, a loved one and a candid inspiration. She ran the bar when we were doing "Money" and physically I haven't seen much of her since, although she came on the Ghost Bus once, beaming (and hey once we shot the shit on twitter with Jennifer Ehle, that was a good night). I hope she doesn't mind if I recommend her filthy tumblr account "win and tonic" here, or her blogs 1 and 2, and in spite of the homelessness and the bureaucratic and chemical nightmares recounted therein she remains the funniest thing in my internet. Kerry, if you're reading this, I'd like to dedicate the following song to you. I only really got into the Bonzo Dog Doodah Band four years ago in hospital while heavily medicated - "Humanoid Boogie", "Eleven Moustachioed Daughters" or "Look Out There's a Monster Coming" were the only thing I could listen to in that bed, nothing else sounded in tune. The following song isn't strictly speaking the Bonzos I know, or Atenolol, but sometimes Innes hits the spot - Actually I'd like to dedicate this song to all of us. All of us need a little what you need right now, La Win. But also all of us should be so lucky as to have what you have. Wit, guts, imagination, rack.

No comments:

Post a Comment