Wednesday 31 July 2013

Power Socket 4 "Oxygen Percentage: Normal"




Today's dose of slobbering, massive-jawed-beast-encountering sees our stiff heroes finally eschew the random violence of earlier issues for the safety of rubber-tipped arrows, while our villain comes into his own now as – in my opinion anyway – something genuinely entertaining. I love Black Shark's scenes in this. The main influence was, of course, American International's "At The Earth's Core", which I was quite surprised recently to discover is an actual film with a beginning, middle, end and a finite running time, and not – as it had seemed in 1985 – just an endlessly self-replicating series of randomly-generated sugar hallucinations muscling their way into the schedules with the unheralded regularity of pages from Ceefax. 
 

I think it was this film that first taught me that adults sweat. 
I wish I could still rip off ideas this easily. Natchtka!






No comments:

Post a Comment