Wednesday, 31 July 2013

Power Socket 4 "Oxygen Percentage: Normal"




Today's dose of slobbering, massive-jawed beast-encountering sees our stiff heroes finally eschew the random violence of earlier issues for rubber-tipped arrows, while our villain comes into his own now as something genuinely entertaining, in my opinion anyway. I love Black Shark's scenes in this.
The main influence here was of course American International's "At The Earth's Core", which I was quite surprised to discover recently is an actual film, with a beginning, a middle, an end, and a finite running time - and not, as it seemed in 1985, just an endlessly self-replicating series of randomly-generated sugar hallucinations muscling its way into the schedules with the unheralded regularity of pages from Ceefax.


I honestly think it was this film that first taught me that adults sweat. I wish I could still rip off ideas this easily. Natchtka!






No comments:

Post a Comment