Monday 22 March 2021

A really good day

 An old sketch for a painting of my parents, who today received their second, final vaccinations in a sports hall in Alès, two hours' drive away, requiring an Attestation de Déplacement Dérogatoire – or Certificate of Travel Restriction Waiver (for persons residing in departments subject to reinforced measures) – because France is currently under curfew. 
 "A really good day," Mum emailed, "Sun was shining, and the Tramontane Wind of the last few days had lessened." And it wasn't until my sister tweeted her relief that it struck me how good. I'd been treating this like a census deadline, rather than the granting of immunity to a global pandemic after a year's lockdown, and I hadn't dared give any other outcome than this a second's credit.
 Thank you, Mum and Dad, for staying safe. 
 And thank you to everyone who is staying safe.

3 comments:

  1. That's excellent news. I hope they're doing tremendously. And well done, France, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! And what a sweet double portrait, too!

    ReplyDelete