Saturday 6 March 2021

Wet And Forget


 Here's a little film I really love, originally made for Door Number 5 of Gemma Brockis' now absent Oddvent Calendar. Like all contributions to the calendar, Shamira's behindery is a study and pause, breath-restoring rather than breath-taking. It features the voice of our friend Tom Lyall, and just enough special effects to help one lose one's footing in reality. I've put it up because the film I put off putting up on Friday was its opposite: bloated and failing and disengaging. I'll probably put that up next, because it's still of interest; I just wanted to present something I liked first. By the way, my youtube algorithms uncouthly autoplay from Reindeer Lichen straight into this; I wonder where yours will take you. It's still winter in the corner of some gardens. Apologies again for the delay in posting. I have been meeting for walks this week, and it's possible I am exhausted. 
 

5 comments:

  1. This was wonderful, thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had a Michael Jackson video pop up at the end. Now convinced someone has hacked my YouTube account and screwed my algorithm.

    ReplyDelete