Friday 26 March 2021

The Telly Sets Round


 Aw, look at this lovely lego sitcom set, too small for real actors of course, and there's nowhere to sit down. So let's move our attention instead to more functional models, and to this fortnight's round in the old Dungeon Quiz. We never really talk about old sitcoms in our group, so I'd no idea how easy people would find this. What about you? Can you name these shows from the following photographs, as lifted in bulk from some archive I found on the BBC website? I was hoping to include a bit more small-"v" variety, but it's harder to find a nice range of depopulated sets than – well, than I'd left myself time for. Sorry. Not all of these are sitcoms. Answers as ever will be posted in the comments...
 
 1.
 
2.
 
3.
 
4.
 
5.
 
6.
 
7.
 
8.
 
9.
 
10.

3 comments:

  1. AND HERE ARE THE ANSWERS... 1:- Blackadder II. 2:- Only Fools And Horses. 3:- Steptoe and Son (a lot of players thought this was Rising Damp. How many more sitcoms featuring a full skeleton can you name? 4:- Victoria Wood: As Seen On TV (Acorn Antiques). 5:- The Young Ones (quite a few playes put Bottom. Interesting.) 6:- The Good Life. 7:- Absolutely Fabulous. 8:- Fawlty Towers. 9:- Hi-De-Hi! (A few put The Thin Blue Line for this. I am definitely the oldest.) 10:- Dcotor Who. I love this Tardis.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Heck yes, got all but #7. Comfortably my most successful attempt at any of these.

    ReplyDelete
  3. 10/10! Finally age and a limited social life as a child are an advantage.

    ReplyDelete