Monday 29 March 2021

Turpintude


 The fact my laptop now crashes every time I so much as look at iMovie has made editing this video an act of pointilism, and for all the the time it took, it clearly needed more, but once I'd imagined the haves of Metropolis confronted with Ben Turpin in A Clever Dummy, I knew I had to see it. So at least now that's done. And let's face it, for all his singing, George Seurat wasn't so hot at painting hats either. Speaking of a Sunday on La Grande Jatte, here's some people meeting today in groups of no more than six...
 

2 comments:

  1. The funniest bit is all those fey intellectual gents getting the horn for a moon-faced chap with facial hair. Well, who doesn't.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Purely the bit I was interested in. It's pretty funny in the original too though, and Brigitte Helm seems in on the joke.

    ReplyDelete