Wednesday 5 February 2014

November 2013 - BULA WHO! *


"Cowabunga, dudes!" 

Fear not, twenty-fourteenies, though I may be from the Future, I have more than three thousand years of epoch-relevant slang under my belt: "Wash yer 'andies!" See?
Dr. Who turned fifty in November of course, which made it a particularly good month to tear round London in a '66 Routemaster while pretending to be a Time-traveler for the kids. But the Time Tour's always fun. Once, a whole party of schoolchildren asked to be taken back to the year of their parents' birth. Each child. Individually. I don't know what was going on there. Normally it's the Great Fire of London, or just "Egypt", and then I have to explain fire and time, which obviously I enjoy.
And I got back into the Ghost Bus Tours as well for Hallowe'en. That's still fun. And counts. (Andy Field filed a great piece about ghost walks here).
I suppose I should let people know I'm doing them...
Back to Dr. Who though, here's my Dad telling the one about acting in Planet of the Spiders:


"Bula" is of course Fijian for "Ciao", as in the phrase "Bula Quo!" And that's November wrapped.
ShareThis Copy and Paste
professor-quantum-waving
- See more at: http://www.timetour.co.uk/gallery-photos/#prettyPhoto[gallery1]/6/
professor-quantum-waving
- See more at: http://www.timetour.co.uk/gallery-photos/#prettyPhoto[gallery1]/6/

No comments:

Post a Comment