Saturday 3 June 2017

Me at the zoo

"And now, Watson, it only remains for us to find out by wire the identity of the cabman, No. 2704, and then we will drop into one of the Bond Street picture galleries and fill in the time until we are due at the hotel."
One of the excellent things about reading Conan Doyle's Sherlock Holmes is how positively it affects your time-keeping: Holmes' energy is contagious, he clearly loves living in London and he knows how to use it - the city is his Bat-belt. I'm currently not in London however, I'm in Frankfurt, playing an Obelicised Watson in a Hound of the Baskervilles, and using neither the city nor my time here nearly as effectively (I've been here a month so far. I've heard a lot of podcasts in bed). But now we have a week off I thought I should mark it somehow, so I started reading the book, as I said, and it's clearly put some baking soda up my aft because yesterday I actually went to the zoo.


 It was terrifying.

And I then I made my first film on a phone. And here it is. Good old blog. We must catch up. In the meantime, here is a sustained invasion of privacy:



Yes. Something escaped.

5 comments:

  1. You know, I was kind of wondering if you had any tips about must-see places in Frankfurt, but I guess I got my answer there.

    The video is really excellent, by the way. One can hardly tell it was actually filmed on a phone.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hurrah for Doing Things!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, Lothiriel. I went to the Palmengarden with the parents, that was good too. Tealin: Getting there.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Palmengarten was really good, thanks for the pointer.

      (Just in case you're interested, I think this is the church in Bologna you mentioned the other day: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sanctuary_of_the_Madonna_di_San_Luca)

      Delete