Monday 24 February 2020

The Third Person





 Nostalgia is poison, but James Bachman is the best and it's his birthday today so let's have a look at him, proving yet again how much easier I found it to write for the already brilliant-to-write-for Robert and Dave with James in the mix. He is the perfect clownish complement to Mitchell Webb's bitter double-act, joining one to soften the outnumbering of the other, ramping up the silliness, or single-handedly setting the scene until the absurdity kicks in as he does in Linden Trees and Carpathian Open Mic Night. There's no one who can do what he does funnier, and there's nothing funny he can't do: Open Mic Act, General Agnew, Guitarist (and composer, thank you!), Ivan son of Abraham, Hello Kitty, Maurice Pang (I stole him from Green Clarinet), Jeremiah Internet, Michael Works-in-a-bank, Piers, the list goes on FOR YEARS AND YEARS, WE DIDN'T JAMES THE BACHMAN, HE WAS ALWAYS STORMING SINCE THE WORLD WAS FORMING! Et cetera. The Caesar Sketch is probably my favourite thing written for the three of them so I've tweaked it here to be a bit more roseate and, I dunno, I had the technology and just always saw David coming on from stage right in my head, and this is my blog, okay? Anyway happy birthday, James, you beautiful bloody instrument!



 Oh, and I haven't even mentioned Bleak Expectations.

2 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday Mr B, by Vectron's kindly claw.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hurrumble for James Bachman! He gives good silly.

    ReplyDelete