Thursday 6 August 2020

Titus Bemoan (York's from Wales now. And Lancaster's from York.)

I looked up what a "gorget" is (source).

 Pah, just missed midnight, and I'm still a post behind if I want to average one a day (there was no post on Wednesday the 29th) but anyway, Act Two of the definitiver Richard II is now uploading and will be posted below once done. There was ninety minutes of recording to cut down this time, but I'm glad I'm having another run, now I'm clearer what's going on: Richard having no idea actually how hard he's pushing people's buttons is a lot more interesting to play longterm, Bolingbroke feels like someone people might now be genuinely happy to meet, and upping the Celtic quotient, York's more fun to play now he's not so stiff-jawed and uptight and he sounds like Titus Andronicus, another ill-starred old soldier whose loyalty to the state turns him against his own son - that's all in the future though; right now it's just a more enjoyable voice to complain in. York should bark. Its partly his overestimation of the power of that bark that loses him so many allies. And it's nice to recast a voice. If you're following these videos, I think that's Mark Antony's voice as Mowbray. (And possibly Cassius' as Harry Percy, but his part's going to be built up.)

No comments:

Post a Comment