Tuesday 28 January 2020

See the Audience Trigger My Browning Snippets


 Here's me reading everyone's favourite dramatic monologue, Robert Browning's "My Last Duchess", interpolated into a live composition by Lillie Harris as part of the London Symphony Orchestra's 2018 Soundhub Showcase. The audience milling about the auditorium are moving in and out of spotlights as instructed, triggering snippets of the ten or so different recordings we made so that I never had to worry about delivering anything definitive. Always nice to have my voice employed upon a mellow new creepiness.



 Speaking of which, Darkfield's "Coma" can be experienced next month at King's Cross, together with the company's two other shipping-contained pitch-black spectaculars "Flight" and "Seance". Tickets are here.

No comments:

Post a Comment