Thursday 23 January 2020

Life Hack

  "I, my dear pupil, went for my materials to the source of life! I grew my creatures like cultures, grew them as nature does, from seed!" Dr. Pretorius in The Bride of Frankenstein
 
Universtity of Vermont and Tufts Team Builds First Living Robots 

 "Although the team calls them 'living', that may well depend on how you define living creatures. These xenobots are not able to evolve on their own, there are no reproductive organs, and they are unable to multiply." So says this article about scientists in Vermont who unveiled their... let's call them tiny zombies then... just in time for the first Frankenstein Wednesday last week. And if I'm honest, I'm absolutely fine that they don't have reproductive organs. If anything, I prefer it. You can see one being built here. (I think. I've no idea what I'm looking at.) Also "one design had a hole through the middle in an attempt to reduce drag. This hole could be exapted into a pouch for transporting objects..." so yes, it has pockets!


 Okay thanks, Paul.

No comments:

Post a Comment