Wednesday 27 January 2021

So Many Questions about Badgerwood Park

 "Nestled in woodland, in the heart of Berkshire, is the exclusive Badgerwood Park development–"
      
 I was letting youtube run, and this ad came up, I can't remember before what, I wasn't paying attention. Not at first anyway. I had my back to it, but something made me turn, and start staring, and by "Welcome to a new way of life" at the end, I had so many questions and knew I had to watch it again. 
 Rewatching answered nothing however. Except, possibly, why I was being targeted...

 "Seventy residential park homes, for the over-45's. Picturesque scenery. Quiet and peaceful–"  
 Hey, I'm over 45! So it's not a retirement village. Or is it? What are over-45's? Why? What?

 "Badgerwoord Park is perfectly located, and has great transport links, nearby–"  
 What's this map?
 
 "Each home is unique. Made to your requirements–"  
 But who am I?

 "And don't be fooled by the quiet pace of life, as there are lots of things to see and do around Badgerwood Park."  
 Refreshments? Count me in! Look at all these... different types of lawn. Paddling pool? Children's play area. But the children aren't over 45, are they? Are these first time properties then? But there's no... Where are the... These are chalets. How can anyone...? 
 
 Okay! Sorry! 
 Sorry, what exactly is supposed to happen here? 
 Are we meant to believe that people will pull these chairs back from this table, sit on those chairs, pull them back in again and then sit next to each other, dining at this dining table? In this dining room? All I saw at first was how little elbow room there was, I hadn't even noticed the walls.
 So what is this? Who's it made for? Who made it? I mean, noone yet; I get some of this is CGI. But is this new? Or is this actually normal? Like Jersey? – And it only seems weird to me because I live in a city, and there are actually hundreds of people over 45 watching this advert and going "Brilliant, that's exactly where I want to move to and park my 4x4. I hope it has kids."
 
 
 I'm going to try to follow the progress of this development more, in a manner not dissimilar to how I've been trying to follow Lembit Öpik's space nation of Asgardia. Badgerwood Park might take Asgardia's place in my non-affections, in fact, as the latter just brought out its calender for the year 0005 which has thirteen months, all four weeks long, and I inwardly scoffed How's that going to work! before doing the maths and realising that twenty-eight times thirteen is three-hundred and sixty-four. 
 So month thirteen just needs one extra day. 
 It's actually a very good system. 

7 comments:

  1. I'm sure a country has tried the four week month. Hmm. I'll need to google it. As for that dining room, us "indoors for 10 months on heavy SSRIs" (me) types wouldn't be able to fit on those chairs, let alone tuck them in. It reminds me of those food adverts where they're clearly using a cake fork to make the portion look huge. Worlds tiniest dining table. Judging from the windows they look like 3 room bungalows too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/International_Fixed_Calendar

      Blogspot needs an edit button. Sorry for the back to back comments.

      Delete
  2. It's a cursed caravan park that you can never leave. And then shadowy figures come silently in the night and begin turning you into a badger...

    ReplyDelete
  3. You had to go and make it nice, didn't you

    ReplyDelete
  4. Did you notice the slow-motion tennis? Now that’s a neat idea. I could be good at that. Wonder how they do it?

    Or maybe... after a few weeks at Badgerwood Park, it just feels like our life is in slomo....

    ReplyDelete
  5. You're heart's just beating so fast, all your senses on the alert. Yes. Very likely.

    ReplyDelete