Sunday 3 January 2021

This was Camden last night - a Saturday night - at 9pm

 And this is good. This is exactly what we want. I was getting my steps in last night, and stopped off for fish and chips halfway up Hampstead Hill. I ordered a Big. It was too big. It's always too big. Maybe I'm not as fond of oil and water encased in batter as I remember. I'm going to read fifty pages a day this year as well I think. That means I have to read a hundred and fifty pages today. Also I found out yesterday my aunt has Covid.
 
 
 
 The initial tests were negative but apparently those aren't that reliable. Mum called her today from France, and she's just angry with herself for using the lift in Marks & Spencers. This is my only real New Year's Resolution therefore, but it's a good one and I'm looking forward to it: doing everything I can this year to Not Get Covid and Not Give Anyone Else Covid. That's all the energy any of us need to take into 2021. Those empty streets are signs of life. This is good.
 

2 comments:

  1. Hope your aunt gets better soon, Simon. Keep safe, Piper x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Piper. Her condition is improving. I shall x

    ReplyDelete