Thursday 15 September 2022

"Tantum Fortunam Meam!"

 
 September 10th
 
 
 September 12th or 13th
 
 I know, Charles, I know. It's awful and stupid. Nothing fits now, I know. 
 Still, grumpy kings are a fairy tale staple too, aren't they? But should we pack this all in anyway? Otherwise you're staring down the barrel of it until you die. You're meant to love us too now. But why should you love us? We still have those tapes of that private conversation where you joked about being reincarnated as the new Queen's tampon. "Just my luck!" the transcript reads. I know what you mean. I wouldn't love us. Commiserations.
 
Happier days (Source – there's one of him in a bin there as well.)
 
 Hey, I just did a search for "Prince Charles" to find out how old you were!

3 comments:

  1. When the tampon tapes were hot news, I was living in Spain (language student year abroad) and my then flatmate bought a tabloid-type magazine that came with a free cassette tape, featuring actors doing a sort of verbatim theatre rendition of Charles and Camilla's telephonic transcripts, in Spanish. It was hypnotically horrible.

    ReplyDelete