Friday 2 December 2022

Unposted Photographs of November 2022 in Chronological Order

 It's always fascinating to see who's worn your costume before you.
 
 First day of the tube strikes. Choreography starts outside while we wait for the person with keys.

 I see a lot of these signs around Marylebone. I'm forty-eight and I still don't know what American Express is. Is it a credit card? What is it?
 
 We prepare for the plinth. I'm pretty sure it's bigger than this.
 
 After finding out Pizza Express no longer does Veniziana I start photographing barriers because they remind me of Keir Starmer.

Thoughtlessly shitty quick fixes looking increasingly unreplaceable.

 We're in the space. We go crazy.

 I acquaint myself with the backstage of the Cockpit.
 








 Show report: I tripped. Where were the barriers?
 
 "Vibrating pockets can still be heard in a dramatic silence." Tickets here.
 
 The Elizabeth Line is not for trypophobes.

 I get lost in Hampstead and find some cosy blocks with globes in the window.

 Walking home from shows now I notice the night sky is often coloured in. 
 
 I can't tell by what.
 
  Loughborough Junction has new lights too where they used to build sets.
 
 Coldharbour Lane is getting a tower block.


 That's not all that's gone up since I left.
 
 I don't remember this book nook. It has a copy of WHSMith's "Treasury of Children's Literature". I sit and read.

 Treasury is a good word for it, although I don't get far with C. S. Forester's "Poo-Poo Finds a Dragon". 
 
 I do consider what kind of brain comes up with protagonists named "Hornblower", and "Poo-Poo".
 
 "Eeyore's Birthday" is also included, the alpha and omega of great sitcom writing. I read it aloud quietly to myself in its entirety, marvelling again, and upon reaching: "'Not mine,' said Eeyore proudly," actually get a little teary.
 
 I return to Notting Hill to find Christmas has started. A different vibe.

5 comments:

  1. American Express is a credit card, yes. And it charges higher fees to stores accepting it than other credit cards do, which is why small shops usually don't accept it. This is your boring-but-true interlude of the day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Like that guy's plan in the American Office. Why does it exist? How? Does it have extra special points?

      Delete
    2. Yes – the perks for cardholders are really good (I've heard; I don't have one). I think you also get extra points in some loyalty schemes? Anyway, paid for by fees from vendors, so often refused.

      Delete
  2. That Starmer analogy - EXACTLY

    ReplyDelete