Monday 15 June 2020

"RELLICK"

 "Up in a bit..." I posted last night, and then went for a walk until one in the morning. I'll keep you in suspense no longer though, this is all yesterday's post was going to be. A couple of photos from a walk I did on Sunday.




 Is that a bicycle frame? I've no idea, and credit the unplaceable sameiness of decaying organic matter. I'm walking in the daylight hours now as well. It's busier than this looks, as you probably know. I'd decided to walk to Grenfell Tower and back on the third anniversary of the death of its occupants.


 The reason this post is so procrastinated though, the reason it's actually going up at five to midnight on Tuesday, is that over the past weekend I was tempted to do with this blog what I'd done in 2011, i.e. nothing (see right), and for similar reasons, the country was getting obliviated and producing a blog duting that felt like decorating the edge of a smoking crater with a gold pen, and I didn't want to distract from the ugliness, but I also didn't want to add to it. And I didn't want to go to jail. Some friends of mine went to jail. But not prison.


 If you just leave the internet and go out for a walk though, and you show what you saw, at least that's real. It's not a distraction, and it's not piling onto anything, it's not a declaration of war. So here is yesterday's contribution to the sum of human knowledge: some things I saw the day before. This isn't Grenfell Tower. It was lit up green and the "T" was missing. 

No comments:

Post a Comment