Saturday 15 October 2022

(Redevelopment) Where To Find Us

 The Golden Key is on today! Here are some clues as to where we'll be, and by clues I mean very late research I decided to do on our location while leaving the bath running. That's the Parliament building of New Delhi. I was in New Delhi in 1991 when for some reason our house master pulled strings for us to perform there Václav Havel's absurdist critique of Communism Redevelopment, in which I played a middle-aged architect having a nervous beakdown with talcum powder in his hair because I was sixteen. I think I have a photo...
 

 ... That's me far right. I secretly based my performance on Bette Davis in All About Eve. Ronnie Potel's the idealistic young buck in the middle, secetly in love with my wife. I remember the audience muttering when she gave me a shoulder rub, and I bought my first ever Talking Heads album over there, and my first beer, and saw distant women doing laundry in the Ganges as the sun set behind the Taj Mahal in Agra. None of that's a clue, sorry, just memory's cute stampede. We'll be at the end of Share Mile in the "Maze of Adventures". Come and find us, and once it's all done I'll post where we were in the comments (I might also post the school magazine's review of my Zdenek Bergman!) Here's the clue. Take it away, Nibbling Nuts...

2 comments:

  1. We were in the basement of "The Ned", a former bank turned hotel named after the architect who designed it as well as the Whitehall Cenotaph and half of New Delhi: Edwin Landseer Lutyens (himself named after the man who sculpted Trafalgar Square's labradions).

    ReplyDelete
  2. And: "Simon Kane handled Bergman's role with the necessary mixture of certainty and insecurity that reminded the audience of Dubček's part in the Pague Spring of 1968."
    Exactly what I was going for.

    ReplyDelete