Sunday 8 November 2020

Sometimes this blog will just be "Over the Garden Wall"

 
 A troubled big kid and a carefree little kid. That's probably all you need. It worked for Peepshow, it worked for The Mighty Boosh, and it works here for Patrick McHale. This was his first creation after working on Adventure Time, and its prepubescent non-sequiturs ring just as sweet and true. The Autumnal treat above is the first episode on the DVD my sister gave me for my birthday, telling me to watch it immediately before the seasons changed. According to the trivia section on IMDB "the phase of the moon in the show was meant to match up with the phase of the moon on the night each episode originally aired." Is this Folk Horror? Who knows? I love it and I think, dear unattendee, you might love it too. (Also, for anyone who remembers my show Jonah Non Grata, one scene features an actual spanky axe.)

No comments:

Post a Comment