Tuesday 17 November 2020

Persian Dress

 
 Yes, enough Greeks for a bit, back to the Persians: Faren Taghizadeh – whose instagram account had introduced me to the shivering quills and eyelash-batting masks of Behnaz Farahi – has also shared the following short but bracing book review from performance artist Alok Vaid-Menon, whose findings were all completely new to me despite my previous professional toying with both angels and moustaches...


 Alok's instagram is here, and if you're looking for some ungendered goodies of your own to put under the tree, my friends from the London Dungeon Charlotte and Nav have moved to Folkstone and opened this fantastic shop.

2 comments:

  1. This is fascinating, thank you for sharing! I used to live in the Persian part of Vancouver and I regret not investigating the culture more deeply.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Isn't it! I'm realising that maybe the reason I never got what "Western Civilazation" meant is because I knew so little about anything else.

    ReplyDelete