Sunday 3 May 2020

Tiger Thing







  I notice that the brilliant crappytaxidermy.com hasn't been updated since 2015. But then I only dipped into it now because today's post features Anna Savory's taxidermy sitcom Stuff And Nonsense, which I got to be in thanks to a four-way Squadcast recording whose results turned out considerably better pieced together. Congrats to all respons. 


 S&N appeared on Friday as part of Robbie Hudson's deft and generous, online, weekdaily reimagining under lockdown of "Tall Tales", a previously every-other-monthly presentation above a pub in Kilburn, hosted by Robbie, of knowingly Radio 4-ish material before a friendly audience (and the first stop for most of John Finnemore's episode-ending "Since You Ask Me"'s). Like crappytaxidermy.com all episodes are worth a visit, but particularly those featuring Robbie's News From Kilburn stories, rich fiction perfectly realised as natter. I'm a Stuff and Nonsense virgin myself, but joining me for the recording were its "Tall Tale" stalwarts: Hugh, Tom, Shim and Anna the author. Tom and Shim you'll know if you came to An Execution: By Invitation Only, and Tom of course I know from - quickly doing the maths - the last thrity-two years of my life wait what?


 I also haven't visited photoshop in a while.

No comments:

Post a Comment