Friday 22 May 2020

Hot and Cold. Open and Closed. More and Less. Right and Wrong.




 Of all the scenes in Shakespeare, Act 4 Scene 2 of Julius Caesar is the one I've fantasy-cast the most. Over decades, we're talking. In the absence of these casts however, I've never loved the scene as much watching it as I have reading it, so today was exciting, because of course I'll aways fantasy-cast myself as well, but perhaps for the first time on this project - and to the scene's credit - today I also really missed having someone to play off, too. Enjoy.


2 comments:

  1. I’d been quite meh about this play (Not YOUR fault! Shakespeare’s), but I’ve really enjoyed this act. Probably because of its ‘intimate’ nature. Until now it’d felt like I was told things rather than shown them (and like it was mostly exposition and long speeches), and I’d found it difficult to care for any of the characters or the plot. So it’s nice that it’s getting a bit more personal. Also, ghost! Yay.
    I can see why you missed having someone for this scene but you did a wonderful job playing it all by yourself. I am ever so impressed.

    ReplyDelete