Wednesday 15 April 2020

BAD BUG

 I have started a tip jar! Simply as information rather than a call to action, this is what it looks like:

 
 

 Literally a rattling cup. That's now up permanently on the profile on the right. Some people have already brilliantly "bought me a coffee", several coffees in fact, and I don't know if it's a bug or a feature of the site's terminology that the most instinctive way for me to say thank you to those people is to "buy them a coffee" back. But thank you, them, or you! Speaking of Bugs: the best thing about claiming online that something is the worst music video ever made is, in all sincerity, being corrected. F*c*book was a joy to wake up to today - Joel Morris started it, as he starts so much that is fun - and I thought I'd share some of these goodies with you now. I was too keen yesterday to lay the entire blame for Steam's rottenness on CGI because its ideas were also irredeemaby seedy, but there's no such contamination in Joel's first contribution. Rush's Time Stands Still is pure live footage doctored to absolute bollocks for three and a half minutes, at which point the video doesn't stop, we just get our first effect that doesn't look like a mistake...


 Far calmer is Yes' Leave It - which is possibly short for "Yes I know it's upside down but it creates tension, leave it" - described by Joel as "a similar video where hard working technicians are packing ice round the rendering towers to stop them burning down into the earth’s core"...



 Good song though! So thanks be to Jon Dryden Taylor for submitting a terrible song, this one from "the artist I insist on referring to as Zeppo Jackson" (Jon's words, although I reckon Rebbie might be the new Zeppo. Gummo even? I know Gummo Marx never got in front of a camera, but still.) What's hotter than a centipede metaphor? A "hot centipede" metaphor obviously...



 What a terrible museum. By this point Joel had started a new thread of "all those transparent attempts to have The Same Hit Again" and it was there I found this contribution from Will Maclean: Just For Money by Paul Hardcastle, starring Bob Hoskins and Laurence Olivier. Having never believed in the existence of any such thing as "a soul", I am at a loss to explain what it was I felt torn from me upon watching this video. All I can say is something is now gone for ever. But enjoy!


 And finally, here is today's Defoe, in which our travellers also receive some charity and Richard the carpenter rustles everyone up their own two-storey house, internet café and monorail.

4 comments:

  1. Speaking of strange conjunctions between the Jackson family and the arthropod kingdom, have you heard Jermaine Jackson's Escape from the Planet of the Ant Men? Alas, no video, because it's an album track, but lyrics here.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my! Surprisingly Howard Jonesy. That's quite a narrative.

    ReplyDelete
  3. As these blogs are succinct, and I'm a voracious reader, I tend to binge them in a weekly set. I'm so glad that the antics of the joiner rang as hollow to you as they did to a certain cynical forty-something who "is in the habit of defining by means of the perpendicular pronoun", to purloin a Sir Humphrey quote.

    ReplyDelete