Thursday 16 April 2020

Bad Signs (But Good Everything Else)



 These posters on Pheonix Road are a real shellacking of content at the hands of form. I'm guessing they're meant to provide comfort, but...



 I don't know, I didn't find myself soothed. That's sellotape holding them up too. Sellotape on glass. Other people's glass.


 I ventured out tonight for another walk down Wankers Wharf (celebrated in song here). That's an old photograph. Here's what it looked like tonight.


 So there's been a change of management, which is a shame, because I'm a fan of what they've done with the place but also a fan of that name.

 You can't hear the laughter coming from the windows in this photograph, nor in the following image can you see the couple playing piggy-back behind the bushes.

  Going out for a walk before midnight during a global pandemic feels a lot like what going out for a walk after midnight used to feel like. I assume I'm not the only night owl suffering this disconcerting continuity. Doing great, in other words.



 Here's today's Defoe, in which I receive a great special effect from my Dad, and our narrator remains indoors but reports many tales of wandering delirium, including one about evil kissing...




Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

4 comments:

  1. "Going out for a walk before midnight during a global pandemic feels a lot like what going out for a walk after midnight used to feel like. I assume I'm not the only night owl suffering this disconcerting continuity. Doing great, in other words."

    Tee-hee! Thank you for the laugh. Glad you are well, as are we.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those signs look like they belong in TV Good Omens' Hell. (I've done some walking around London at four in the morning on occasion, though not by choice, and I couldn't be happier when I finally reached the train/bus station. But that's mainly down to personal safety concerns, I guess.)

    I hope your dad is doing great.

    ReplyDelete
  3. He's doing excellently, thank you! Hope you and yours are sound.

    ReplyDelete