Monday 27 July 2020

Sometimes this blog will just be Soy Luna 2's Tributes to Rodney Bewes, Peter Baldwin, and Roy Kinnear

 No Richard the Second video today I'm afraid as my laptop keeps phutting out - don't worry, we'll get there and it will be amazing  - but I hope this introduction to the extraordinary work of Soy Luna 2 makes up for it in the meantime. They're the channel that produced that tribute to Wilfrid Hyde-White I enjoyed so much back in May, and I know I always seem to be banging on about youtube videos on this blog but really the amount of care going into some of them these days is absolutely breath-taking. I literally can't breathe. I'm dead. These videos are perfect.



 Of course no sample this small can ever do justice to the astonishing variety of Soy Luna 2's  nor the scale of the project being attempted. For example, I'm not even sure I knew who Peter Baldwin was before I saw this video. Having watched it, however, I feel like I've lost a friend...



 And I'm always finding new details to enjoy. The detail and sheer amount of research evident in each and every one of these "Spanish Films" make me just happy to consider what humanity is capable of given the right tools. So yes, this is a tribute to Roy Kinnear. But it's also in its way a tribute to us all...


No comments:

Post a Comment