Thursday 23 July 2020

With Apologies to Any Orthodox Antiochians on Little Edward Street

 Act Three won't be up before midnight now I'm afraid, as my laptop crashed five hours into a six hour load, so apologies. Also I've just this moment decided that once I'm done with Richard II I might switch to posting an act every other day now, rather than every day - planning and performing one day and editing the next - so as to leave a little more room for discoveries and see if this makes for a happier hobbying (and also to give me time to work out what I'm actually going to do for a living). Now that my days are more ordered it's clear that I've definitely been working more than eight hours a day on these, which wasn't the plan at all, but I've also managed to get outside every day, an improvement on two months ago, and today I found a door to a secret society, so that is what I'm sharing. Annoyingly you can't necessarily tell it's a secret society from this photograph, because the narrowness of the alley down which I found it meant I had to photograph the door in portrait mode and panaroma. Therefore it looks a little distorted anyway, but the tell, of course, is that the door is narrower at the top than at the bottom. All doors to secret societies are narrower at the top. The narrower the top of the door, the more secret what's behind it. (Alright, this a church. But for buildings that anyone can just walk into, some churches have really nailed that "House Of Secrets" look.)

4 comments:

  1. Every other day sounds like an excellent plan. (Or even, say, every three/however many days, should you find that works better for you.)

    As for your photo, well, I knew about that line from the Bible that goes Make every effort to enter through the narrow door, because many, I tell you, will try to enter and will not be able to., but I wasn't aware it somehow involved said door being narrower at the top. Perhaps it's there to make sure big-headed individuals stay well out of the way.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good. (You shouldn't even really set a deadline for these.)
    I am disappointed the cool door won't lead to any Lodge 49 style adventures.
    Also, maybe invest £10 in a cable so you don't have to put your laptop through 6h long bluetooth transfers?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I mean that's definitely an option. Hm. The shops.... the shops....

    ReplyDelete
  4. No need going to the shops. Online. No contact with anyone and more time to find secret societies! =)

    ReplyDelete