Wednesday 10 February 2021

Camden and Environs. Wednesday. 1am. Night For Day.

I finally left the flat on Tuesday, at around midnight. The night was cold enough to be dry, so nothing got past my insoles. It snowed throughout, which lent considerable wibble to my autofocus, but I don't think you can tell it's snowing from these pictures, unless the whiteness of the sky gives it away. This, combined with the "night mode" on my phone, created an effect almost the exact opposite of the old "day for night" process, where a blue filter's stuck over a lens if one wants to fake a nocturnal exterior, a much ridiculed practice I never minded, or even really noticed. It was as quiet as it looks. Here's the environs...
 
 
 

 
 
 
 

 
 

 
 
 
 





 
 
 
 
 
 

 
 

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 The giraffes were looking bulkier.
 

 "Night mode" couldn't really capture how apocalyptically opaque with grit the bus windows looked. Passing the Black Truffle, I was struck by the boldness of its mascot, then realised I wasn't look at a blown mind, just a chef's hat.
 

2 comments:

  1. These are wonderful ... and what a weird colour palette! Suitably fantastical. Makes me want to see a Wes Anderson film set in an eerily deserted nocturnal London.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you. I love a lot of his work, but would also be interested to see a Wes Anderson film with no people in it.

    ReplyDelete