Sunday 7 February 2021

"Pooper Man" by Simon, aged 6 or 7


 As with yesterday's untitled Jaws parody, I start out with a straight steal, this time from Mad's "Superduperman!" (viewable here, although our paperback version at home was in black and white, making Lois Pain – far right - far more prominent in the opening splash)...
 

 ... and then I wander off. It's possible nevertheless I was at the height of my creative powers here. I would have had to come up with my own solutions to depicting stuff before I was proficient enough to start copying styles, and both the grizzly robot/monster hybrid and the balding, pot-bellied editor are surprisingly elegant, I think, considering – like the ripples yesterday. I'm also reminded of these fish I drew...
 

 I'm not sure I could design anything so simple and effective now.





 The Tarzan's just background, I think. I still don't really understand muscles. Sorry there was so little poop.

2 comments:

  1. I'm always entertained by your juvenilia, and it makes me wish my mother had been a bit less fanatical about throwing stuff away. The only childhood scribblings I've still got are the occasional thing I've found tucked inside a book, like this from when I was 16. Really not my best work.

    Your fish drawings are ace, by the way.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's an excellent joke! Thanks for sharing. And, yes, that angel fish is probably the best drawing I'll ever make. It's maddening.

    ReplyDelete