Tuesday 23 February 2021

Strange Angel Samba – in which I hear of Jack Parsons

 Having pooh-poohed Hélène Smith's Space Seances in the last post, this afternoon I learnt – completely coincidentally – that the overlap between Occultism and the American Space Programme is bigger than I'd realised: The name Jack Parsons popped up in the latest episode of Comedy Bang Bang, which I was listening to while out trying to catch the last of the sun – Oh, here...
 

 ... and from what little I could pick up, Parsons' esoteric approach to rocket science makes Nicola Tesla look like Clive Sinclair. I researched him a little further on my return, hence the links in this post, but I reckon the less you know about him, the more you'll enjoy the beautiful introductory video below – a perfect jarring of data and delivery that I've now watched five times. Samba music aside, Christian Sager seems a consummate host, a no-nonsense kind of guy. He doesn't even mention, for example, Parsons' attempt to gestate a "Moonchild" with L. Ron Hubbard – Sorry, I'll shut up. 
 Elocute away, Christian!

No comments:

Post a Comment