Wednesday 17 February 2021

Barbican Placeholder

 
 "Can you give us then an assurance that there will be a launderette built here in a few months' time on the estate itself?"
 
 
 "Yes I can give you that assurance yes."

 
 
"And where will it be?"

 
 "That we don't know. If we knew where it was it would be built by now. That has been the problem. To find the site for it."
 
 
 "But have you actually managed to find a site for it yet?"
 
... Sorry to lag. I'm trying to edit a showreel, and my laptop keeps crashing every time I make a change, but the save gets changed, so on we push, and hopefully I'll have licked my way through this diamond before the weekend. If it wasn't eating so much into my time and eyes right now, I'd be posting pictures of the nightwalk I took round the Barbican. I like the estate, but it's unfortunate the provision of a launderette proved so conditional on there not being a massive arts centre, as this hard-hitting piece on the Barbican not having a launderette exposés:
 
  
 Is this what J. G. Ballard's High-Rise was about? The Barbican not having a launderette? TO BE CONTINUED...

No comments:

Post a Comment